To find your local store, click here.
Terms and Conditions
1. ACCEPTANCE: By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at www.game.co.uk/terms. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
2. ELIGIBILITY: You may enter this competition if you are resident of the UK and 18 years old or older at the time of entry. If you enter in-store you must also provide to us your name and valid email address so we can contact you if you are a winner. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME or any of its advertising or promotion agencies. You promise that all the personal information you provide to GAME in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must submit a picture of your ‘Bushy Beard’ which can either be a real, artificial or mask based beard. You can enter via Facebook at facebook.com/GAMEstore by posting a picture of your ‘Bushy Beard’ on GAME’s timeline using the hashtag #MyBushyBeard or via Twitter by tweeting your picture to twitter.com/gamedigital. You do not have to pay to enter, although please note that if you enter by using mobile internet your standard charges will apply. No purchase is necessary. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else.
4. USE OF TWITTER: You must not use more than one Twitter account to enter, and must not retweet the same Tweet repeatedly. Entries must include @GAMEdigital and the hashtag #MyBushyBeard. Multiple entries via Twitter will not be accepted. You acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
5. FACEBOOK: You agree to release Facebook from any responsibility in relation to this competition. You acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any information provided by you is provided to GAME and not Facebook.
6. INVALID ENTRIES: We only permit one entry per person. Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other entrants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating, hacking, deception, use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
7. STARTING AND CLOSING DATES: The competition opens at Tuesday 19th May 2015 09.00 GMT and closes at Saturday 23 May 2015 23.59 GMT. If you make any entries outside of this period they will not be valid.
8. PRIZE: There will be ten individual winners selected who will each receive one beard grooming kit. We will select winners from entries via both Facebook and Twitter. We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is not available. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
9. OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the competition, you agree that GAME (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, and for both during and after the competition, without any payment to you.
10. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners will be the entrant who submits the most creative beard entry as determined by an independent judge on 26 May 2015 at 15.00 GMT.
11. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: We will notify the winners by email to the email address you provided to us within 7 days of the closing date. If you have entered via Facebook or Twitter, you must have liked or followed our page to enable us to private message you. We may ask winners to submit valid identification before we send you the prize.
12. FAILURE TO CLAIM PRIZE: We will make all reasonable attempts to notify the winners. If we are not able to contact potential winners within 14 days of the first notification attempt then we may withdraw your prize entitlement and select an alternative winner by the method described in paragraph 10.
13. DELIVERY OF PRIZE: We will deliver prizes to winner by Royal Mail first class delivery within 30 days of closing date.
14. LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the major prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Lawrence Renny, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. By entering this competition you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
15. FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
16. CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
18. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £50. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
19. WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
a. losses not caused by our breach or negligence
b. indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this competition
c. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
d. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
e. any failure to provide the competition, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
20. DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
21. DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This competition is run by Game Retail Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ.
Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings
Pull up a chair, crack open a fresh deck, and let’s play some Hearthstone! Fireside Gatherings let you get together with friends old and new to play Hearthstone in gathering spots. Whether it’s a local coffee shop, book store, or campus lounge – find your tavern and spread the word! Let these GAME stores be your tavern – spread the word!
Remember, by participating in a Fireside Gathering, you can unlock a special card back!
Livingston: Unit 115, Almondvale Centre, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6HT
Twitter: @GAMELivingston Date: 29/05/2015 Time: 18:30 – 21:00
Newcastle: 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP
Twitter: @GAMENewcastle Date: 24/05/2015 Time: 14:00 – 16:00